Monday, May 7, 2012

Apples & 10 months

One day Jesse was eating an apple and Emily wanted a bite, she must have really liked it because the next day I was busy making dinner and she crawled into the pantry.
and this is what i found
This is what the apple looked like after she was done, so i peeled it and let her eat the rest.
One night I had to go somewhere and Jesse was at home watching Emily when I got home this is how I found her passed out on the floor. So I had to wake her up to put her helmet on (because Jesse wouldn't) and put her in her crib.

10 Months

I know she isn't looking in this one but I just loved her face. It is getting pretty hard to get her to hold still long enough for me to get her picture so this one is of her escaping.
She is constantly on the move and loves to walk around the furniture or with her walker. She still slides when she crawls, she can get her belly off the ground but I think she goes faster doing the dead man crawl, so she is sticking with that I guess.


 Cool girl in her shades getting ready for some warm weather.
and the two of us waiting for dad to come home from work and soaking up the warm weather

Emily LOVES it when dad come home she gets so excited and smiles from ear to ear
Emily had an appointment in Calgary so we decided to make a trip out of it we went up on Sunday and went to the zoo, it was a little cloudy but we thought we would brave the weather and go. We haven't been to the zoo in a long time so it was fun to see all the animals I think Emily even enjoyed it


There was peacock's everywhere so we though we would get a picture with one but Emily wasn't that interested in it.

I love the monkeys and could sit and watch them all day Emily didn't know what to think of them.

We listened to the zoo keeper talk about the hippos and said they were going to feed them at 3:30 which was a half an hour away so we went and got some ice cream then came back to see them get out of the water and eat. little did we know that we were going to get to see a little more then just some hippos eating their dinner.

The penguins are new at the zoo so when we got there the line was at the 2 1/2 hour mark so we thought we would go see everything else and come back, when we were on our way to see them it started to rain pretty hard, Jesse wanted to call it a day but we were only 1/2 hour away in the line so we hung out under Emily's blanket and got a little wet, but it was worth the wait. The penguins were so fun to watch swim around and jump out of the water and march around and jump back in.



It was hard to get a good picture of them swimming because they go so fast so this is the best one that I got of them.

This was Emily's face as she was watching the penguins so zooming by.
The zoo was so fun and I can't wait to take Emily again.
The next day was her appointment at the children's hospital for her helmet and they did a scan of her head and they discharged her. We are so excited that she doesn't have to wear the helmet anymore, with the weather getting warmer she was sweating pretty bad and getting a heat rash from it. I am so glad we decided to do it and the three months went by pretty fast and she was so good about wearing if for the 23 hours a day, she didn't seem to mind it which was a huge blessing.
Happy girl with no Helmet.

1 comment:

  1. Yippee for no helmet!! She is so adorable and I love that she is so mobile. So excited to come visit!!

    ReplyDelete